My Top 5 Reasons for Blogging
It’s a blank slate to you.
But to me, it’s much more.
When I was about 15, I had a small blue diary with a gold plated locket that sat in my closet for a few months.
I thought nothing of it because most of my journal writing came from class assignments (we had to write journals every day). But one day, I did decide to take my diary and start writing my thoughts and feelings about everything!
It was one of the greatest releases for me and almost like a trap because my mother found my diary and read it. Yeah. Mortified much? Hmph.
Most the stuff that I wrote in it was typical teenage stuff about boyfriends and how much I disliked my Mom because I wasn’t allowed to date. LOL Of course I love my Mother…but it was my release as a teen.
As I graduated from high school, my journaling continued by on word processing and creating poetry for my college English class.
My diary is gone (I think it got destroyed by a hurricane) and my journals are gone (computer got zapped and hard drive gone). I wish I was able to save those journeys of my life so I could look back and see how much I’ve grown.
This is why I blog.
Blogging for me is much more than just sharing my knowledge of design and my love for stationery.
This blog is a platform for me to help us as women of color feel empowered, inspired and connected with the beautiful journey of life –ourselves, our family and our legacy.
To be able to speak on a platform where my thoughts are finally heard and understood means more than you would ever know.
Yeah, the “business gurus” all mention that having a blog is great marketing….blah blah yadda yadda.
But for me, I’m hoping my platform can help women transform and see the beauty in themselves and surround themselves with beauty all around them –including beautiful stationery that motivates, connects and inspires. If my blogging can help a woman, especially Black women, understand her worth and beauty as visionary queens, then I’ve accomplished a lot with this stem of my legacy. For anyone who blogs, there should be a source of impact—whether personal or professional.
Here are my 5 reasons why blogging is important
- Gain and share your experiences –As women, we go through so much and sometimes we feel as if we are alone experiencing things. However, sharing our own struggles and stories with others lets other women know they are not alone.
- SMEs are really good to learn from—Everyone has their unique way of delivering or teaching a message. Being a subject-matter expert can help others learn more about a craft or science you know well and communicate in your own, special way.
- Help to change the world – Ok, I know this sounds lofty, but you never know what you say may have an impact on someone who becomes the leader of a country or large corporation. Your voice in blogging can help spark the creativity to help change the world.
- Connect with yourself—You grow with blogging. You see through blogging how much you have grown in knowledge and wisdom.
- Build a legacy—Through blogging, you build a legacy for others to follow in your path of knowledge and wisdom for as long as the world wide web exists.
Visionary Stationery is exactly what the name represents, stationery for beautiful, Black women who are visionaries and destine to make an impact in the world. As I grow through writing much like I did just from my tiny diary, my mission is to change the outlook for Black women globally helping us understand our worth, purpose and destiny.
So tell me, do you blog? If not, what would it take for you to start one? And if you don’t know how.. let me know in the comments below and I can help ya out! 🙂
P.S. For the month of November, I’m involved in a great blog challenge by my Black sistas community “Black Girls Blog! Blogging Challenge”! It’s an awesome group where we support each other in blogging, sharing business and strategies as well as inspirational and moral support as well. If you would like to know more about this awesome group, click here.