Goals for Visionary Stationery– 2016
Yeah, I know. It’s been like 21 fricken’ days in the New Year. Where you been Lauren??
I’ve been planning, tweaking, strategizing and systemizing (ok these are made up words–my words-sue me)… now it time to execute. You know how people are all gung-ho in the beginning of the year and then right about this time, the giddy-up and go feeling starts to wane off.
I’m not one of those people.
I tend to go right when everyone is going left. So I was working behind the scenes in the beginning of the year and now here I am in ya face toward the end of the month.
The news there’s new things on the horizon for Visionary Stationery and me. I realize that my brand and self is bigger than I could ever realize. The way I create stationery can expand in way to help not only women of color in our personal lives, but also in our businesses as well.
For example, according to an article in Madame Noir, Black women business owners have risen 322 percent in less than 20 years. A CNN Money article states there are nearly 10 million women-owned businesses in the United States.
When I see stats like this, I know we as women of color are making major shifts to create a lifestyle that we want and making plans to pursue our visions.
This makes me excited and I realized that I love helping us as women entrepreneurs, especially if we are just searching for our purpose or have an idea but don’t know where to start in terms of building a business and creating a personal and business brand.
So here is where Visionary Stationery—The Lauren V. Boutique comes in. I know a great deal of information and have experience in the field of visual branding for businesses (over 10 years) and also seeing our Sisters move forward in their visions and goals highlights the values of Visionary Stationery—creating purpose driven, motivational stationery for visionary entrepreneurs.
Don’t get me wrong—I still will ooh and ahh over some really pretty wedding invitations. However after my 2015 year, I realize this is not my strong suit at this moment.
What I really love is seeing Black women, like myself, pressing forward with their goals and creating a life and business they love. So here’s what to look out for from myself and Visionary Stationery for 2016
5 Goals for 2016 for Visionary Stationery
- More visibility to be seen as the go to for stationary needs as a professional Black stationery designer.
- Become a personal brand authority as a visual branding and graphic artist for Black women entrepreneurs in the creative and wellness industries (Lauren V. Design)
- Provide valuable, consistent content for women of color pursuing their visions or dreams and easy ways to get started.
- Become a mentor/facilitator(trainer) to teach/facilitate women of color how to find their passions, create a fully branded business the easiest way possible.
- Become an author of 2 books to help women of color understand their purpose and destiny as well as provide knowledge on effective visual branding.
Even though my passion is helping facilitate Black women entrepreneurs, does that mean that my products and services are not available to the Queendom? Of course not… my queendom is for all women who absolutely adore pretty things and provide enough empowerment to absolutely provide the ‘slayage’ on a daily basis. You will see these soon.
Until then, let’s knock 2016 out of the park and stamp it 2016 goals-Queen approved! Leh we go!